We are going to take a brief interlude from arts and crafts to talk about beauty. Now I am a huge fan of having painted nails. I feel naked when my nails are not done and I feel like the hot mess express when I have chipped or smudged nails. All too often, I have little or no time to do my nails—between classes, and internship, and two jobs, I am a little over booked. My solution? Nail wraps.
Nail wraps are super easy to do and they make a bold statement. Personally, I can’t freehand intricate designs on my nails. My hands are too shaky and I have very little patience, but I love having bold, bright statement nails.
Here are some of my tips and tricks for applying nail wraps:
- Make sure your nails are clean. Remove any nail polish and use a cotton ball to apply rubbing alcohol to each nail.
- Apply a base coat to protect your nails. I am a fan of OPI’s 3-in-1 base coat, strengthener, and top coat!
- Make sure your base coat is ABSOLUTELY 100% DRY.
- Apply your nail wrap at the base of your nail and stretch it up towards the tip of your nail (I like NCLA’s Calavera Nail Wraps).
- Use a file to remove excess nail wrap. Make sure you file in a downward motion!
- Secure your new look with a good top coat and you’re ready to go!
Are there any nail wraps that you love? Any other tips and tricks? I’d love to know what you think!